Learn to Sail
Welcome to the sailing community.
There are many reasons for learning to sail... Adventure. Social. Recreation. Racing.
It is easy to start sailing and anyone of any age or ability can learn.
Sailing is a perfect activity for everyone who enjoys water sports and outdoor recreation.
"Sailing" is made up of individual skills and competencies that collectively make you a sailor.
Sailing upwind and downwind, in light and heavy air, on large or small boats... these are among of the fundamental skills you can systematically learn.
Intermediate skills include VHF radio operation, running a marine engine (inboard or outboard) and marine navigation / chart reading.
We're all about you getting these fundamental skills and being safe while you are out enjoying sailing.On the water Lessons include:
Glenmore Sailing Club provides access to affordable sailing Education,
Recreation, Social Events and Racing programs for everyone.
- Start Keelboat Sailing lessons - learn in a small group setting of 2 - 4 people with an onboard sailing instructor.
- Keelboat Spinnaker - expand your sailing skills with the beauty of downwind sailing under a colourful spinnaker.
- Private lessons - identify what you want to learn, get out on the water and experience it.
Theory Lessons include:
- Pleasure Craft Operator's Card
- VHF Radio Operator's Certification
- Marine Navigation
Keep sailing after your lessons:
See you on the water and at the Club!
- The Club has a Co-op Boat Program - you don't need to own a boat to sail with us.
- We have a large network of people sailing locally, in the Okanagan, on the west coast and beyond so if you were looking to sail elsewhere, we might be able to assist you with finding a crew spot.
- There's our free Crew list for our local racing series (and yes, anyone can join a crew on a racing oat... many people get their first experiences as crew on a racing boat).